15 Jun Winners of the Spanish Wine Competition (The Netherlands)
The sixth edition of the Spanish Wine Competition was organized by wine magazine Perswijn and ICEX/Foods and Wines from Spain. For this 6th edition of the competition, the jury received more wines than ever: over 1000 bottles. The jury was impressed by the diversity of the wine from this special wine country.
Spanish wineries and Dutch wine importers are invited to participate in this Spanish wine competition.
This competition provides an excellent overview of some of the best Spanish wines available in the Netherlands and it reveals hidden gems yet unknown.
The competition consists of 12 categories. The wines of producers who are still looking for representation in the Netherlands are assessed within separate categories.
A jury, consisting of Dutch wine specialists, will select a winner within each category through several blind tastings.
The following companies can participate in this activity:
- Dutch importers who have Spanish wine in their range
- Spanish wine producers whose wines are available on the Dutch market.
- Spanish wine producers looking for representation on the Dutch market
The Best Wines of Spain have been questioned by a team of the best sommeliers in the Netherlands in this very special contest, with 4 award-winning wines from our Coto de Gomariz , consolidated between the best wineries from Galicia; awarded in different categories:
- The Flower and Bee Blanco has been awarded the prize for the winning wine, in the category organic white wine with distribution in the Netherlands.
- Coto de Gomariz Colleita Selección Finca or Figueiral 2017 has been awarded with honorable mention, in the category white wine over € 10 with distribution in the Netherlands.
- Abadía de Gomariz has been awarded with honorable mention, in the red wine category up to € 15 with distribution in the Netherlands.
- Seica 2011 has been awarded with honorable mention, in the category red wine without distribution in the Netherlands.
The results of the competition can be found in the supplement Wine Competition Spain 2021, which has been released both on paper (appendix to the magazine PERSWIJN #4 from 12 June 2021) and digital. link here.
Our importer in The Netherlands: Smaragd Wijnen so do we, will be very pleasant to explain more and prices.